Pasta is a common dish in most households due to its affordability and versatility. Itā€™s normally very easy to make and very rich in nutrients. Whole wheat pasta is rich in carbohydrates and high fiber content giving the body energy and providing healthy digestion. Pasta is also rich in vitamins and minerals like selenium which produces antioxidant enzymes. So look over these and choose which one you want to make tonight with a bottle of wine. Enjoy.
1. Lemon Basil Pasta
This is a very tasty dish that is easy to prepare and can serve as a main dish. It comprises a complete balanced meal with tastyingredients.Ingredients2-4 ounces whole wheat penne1/4 cup chopped or cut zucchini1/4 cup canned white beans drained1/4 cup lemon, juiced1 ounce cut or chopped fresh basil2 tablespoon parmesan cheese1-2 tablespoons olive oilPreparation Boil pasta and drain then toss with remaining ingredients.
2. Pepe Pasta
Apart from the fair price, Pepe pasta is very delicious, simple and easy make. Pepe pasta mixes so well with other ingredients without becoming stiff making it a very sweat and easy to prepare meal.Ingredients1/2pound spaghetti1 cupfreshly ground pecorino Romano cheese1/2cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese1 teaspoonfulcoarsely ground black pepperSaltPreparation
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water
- Drain the water preserving Ā½ cup of the cooking water
- In a separate small bowl combine the cheese with the cooked pasta
- Add 6 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water and mix accordingly
- Transfer pasta to warming bowl then season with salt
- Sprinkle the ground pepper and add 2 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Toss until creamy sauce forms
3. Chicken Pesto Pasta
Pesto pasta is an easy and quick dish to prepare. A combination of Pesto pasta and chicken produces a mouthwatering dish available in less than 30 minutes.Ingredients3tablespoons butter1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into cubes1 can of cream of chicken soup warmed1/4cup basil pesto1/4 cupmilk7ounces farfalle pasta cooked and drainedPreparation
- Heat the butter in a 10- inch skillet and heat to a boil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes and check if the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the pasta and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
4. Fusilli Pasta with Spinach
Fusilli Pasta does not only look tasty and appealing but it is such a thrill to prepare. It blends so well with a mixture of spinach making a delicious and yummy meal.Ingredients1 lb fusilli pasta1/2cup olive oil2 garlic clove minced1 bag of fresh spinach, shredded orchopped7 ounces cherry tomatoes,cut1/2cup grated Asiago cheese1cup grated parmesan1 teaspoon salt and pepperPreparation
- Add pasta to a large pot of boiling salty water
- Allow to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes until tender but firm to bite
- Drain Pasta preserving Ā½ cup of the drained water
- In a large heavy skillet warm olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and cook and cook until fragrant
- Add spinach and tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add pasta and toss. Add cheese, salt, pepper and pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine
5. Fettuccine Boscaiola
This is a tasty easy to make Italian pasta dish. A mixture of mushroom and Fettuccine Boscaiola is such a delicious dish. Fettuccine boscaiola blends well with chicken, bacon and mushroom.Ingredients300g dried curly fettuccine pasta250 rind less bacon rashers, thinly sliced, if wanted35g butter400g cup mushrooms thinly sliced4 shallots, ends trimmed thinly sliced425ml pouring cream30g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan 30g (1/3 cup) shredded RomanoPreparation
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted water until al dente then drain.
- Cook the bacon in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat stirring often for about 4 minutes until golden then transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Heat the butter in the frying pan, add the mushroom and cook stirring often until tender
- Add the pale side of the shallot and stir to combine. Stir in the bacon and cream
Simmer until the mixture thickens
- Add parmesan and Romano and stir until well combined
- Add pasta and the green section of the shallot to the sauce, season with salt and pepper and season until well combined and serve.
6. Pasta with butter nut squash
Butternut squash is quite delicious and when mixed with pasta it brings that appetizing look that is quite mouthwatering nutritious as well. Itā€™s also an easy to prepare meal involving very few ingredients.Ingredients200g butternut squash peeled and diced3 tablespoon olive oil350g conchiglie pasta1 garlic clove crushedĀ½ red chili deseeded and finely chopped7 sage leaves150ml single cream25g parmesan grated plus extra to servePreparation
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Toss the squash in a little oil, season in salt and pepper and roast until soft.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for a few minutes
- Cook the pasta until tender, drain and return to pan
- In a frying pan gently fry garlic, chili and sage for about 3 minutes
- Put the butter nut once it has cooled into a blender then add cream, parmesan, garlic, sage leaves, Pepper and salt
- Blend it all to course puree adding 2 tablespoons water if looking thick
- Put the butter nut mixture into pasta pan and mix well, allowing the sauce to coat pasta
- Serve with plenty of parmesan
7. Sweet Pea and Tuna Salad
This is one of the easy pasta dishes to make. Requires very little time in preparation and is very delicious and well rounded nutritious meal. Sweet pea and tuna salad is quite refreshing especially if taken during warm weather.Ingredients14 oz bow tie pasta4 oz can chunk light tuna in water1 smalllemon juicedĀ½ cup diced onionĀ½ teaspoon saltFresh ground black pepperĀ¾ cup light mayonnaise2 cups frozen sweet peasPreparation
- In a large pan cook bow tie pasta in boiling salted water until tender then drain water
- As pasta is draining and cooling combine the rest of the ingredients (peas, tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper) adjust the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Stir the pasta into the pea mixture until well coated
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. Pasta Carbonara
This is one of the pasta dishes that are very easy to make and ready within 25 minutes. Pasto carbonara requires very few ingredients making it less costly while very delicious.Ingredients1 lbspaghetti3 strips bacon diced, if wanted4 egg yolks1 cup grated parmesanĀ½ teaspoon kosher saltĀ¼ teaspoon black pepperĀ½ cup fresh parsley choppedPreparation
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat
- Transfer to a paper towel and retain the drippings
- In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks and add two teaspoons of drippings
- Add drained pasta and parmesan to the yolk mixture and toss to combine
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and bacon and serve immediately
9. Linguine Marvini
It best suits that day when the budget is just tight and a meal has to be prepared in spite of the budget. Linguine marvini is a nice, easy to make and very fair cost wise. Its Ingredients1 pound thin linguine4 tablespoons olive oil20 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly slicedĀ½ cup butter1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice1 teaspoon kosher saltĀ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper7 tablespoon freshly grated parmesanSeveral sprigs of fresh basilDirections
- Cook the pasta according to directions
- Heat oil over in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add garlic and sautĆ© until golden brown
- Reduce heat to low and stir in butter, lemon juice, salt pepper and three tablespoons of parmesan
- Remove heat then add basil, toast the warm pasta with the sauce then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.
10. Ravioli with Roasted Zucchini
This is one dish that you are likely to find yourself making more often. Itā€™s not only easy to make but very delicious and blends so well with the ingredients leaving such a sweet taste in the mouth.5 small zucchini, sliced into Ā¼ inch rounds3 tablespoons olive oil1 teaspoon crushed red pepper2 cloves garlic crushed2/3 cup grated parmesanĀ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons kosher salt1 pound cheese ravioli3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat parsleyPreparation
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and place the zucchini in a single layer
- Drizzle with oil then top with crushed red pepper, garlic, 3 tablespoons of parmesan pepper and Ā½ teaspoon salt
- Roast Zucchini for 20 minutes tossing half way through until tender and golden brown
- Add Ravioli and remaining salt to boiling water, stirring frequently to prevent from sticking
- Cook ravioli for three minutes after they begin to float then drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss the ravioli gently with roasted zucchini, half the parsley and half the remaining parmesan
- Serve immediately with the remaining parsley and parmesan